(after Columbus Day)
Wednesday: Noon to 5:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM
(after Fathers Day)
Monday: Noon – 5:00 PM (updated 8/16/21)
Wednesday: Noon – 5:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Transfer Station Stickers
If you need a transfer station sticker you have several options. You can get one at the transfer station itself by asking the attendant for one. You can also pick one up at the town clerk’s office or the administrative office. Please bring some type of identification with your address on it to illustrate you are truly a Jefferson resident.
It’s a great deal–it will only cost you a dollar. And it lasts for the life of your car (or until you trade it in for a
Don’t forget to recycle!
To assist in the operation of the Transfer Station please pre-sort your recyclables before you get to the Transfer Station. This will help keep the traffic flowing.
1. If you are not sure where something goes ask the attendant.
2. Please sort your items before you get to the Transfer Station; this will help people and vehicles to move along efficiently.
3. Flatten corrugated cardboard and remove all contents.
4. Light cardboard (cereal, cracker boxes, etc.) now go with the corrugated cardboard.
5. Junk mail
6. Newspapers and magazines go together.
7. Check with the attendant for proper disposal of mercury-containing products.
8. CPUs, along with the other video display devices such as computer monitors, televisions, liquid crystal displays and plasma displays greater than 4 inches in diagonal measure, are currently being collected at the Transfer Station for disposal.