Town of Jefferson RFQ
Town of Jefferson
Request for Qualifications for Feasibility Study Building Reuse
The Town of Jefferson, New Hampshire will be accepting responses to Request for Qualifications for a Building Feasibility Study for the reuse of the former Elementary School building located at 178 Meadows Road, Jefferson, NH. The study shall focus on the reuse options as identified during the 2018 Jefferson School Building Reuse Survey [130 KB pdf] but not be limited to those options (Survey Results [4.68 MB pdf]). The Study shall include at minimum: analysis of structure, plans for operation, associated impacts of moving municipal services/departments, creation of new services and market analysis.
Deadline for proposals will be Friday, June 14, 2019 at 12:00 PM.
Walk through/tour will be held Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 3:00 PM starting at 178 Meadows Road, Jefferson, NH. Being familiar with the landscape is recommended.
The Town of Jefferson is requesting proposals to hire a consultant to conduct a feasibility study to determine the costs and needs associated with utilizing the space in its present form or a modified form for uses identified in the 2018 School Building Reuse Survey and other uses as identified through this work. This study shall include for each option; the cost associated with reuse, strategic plan for reuse and impacts associated with any movement of Town associated services, buildings or creation of new services. Some of the uses identified and building(s) associated may need additional historic consideration.
The School Building was closed in 2018 due to consolidation, turned over to the Town and has remained vacant with minimal use since. The building was built in 1959, contains 13,257 SF on 27 acres of land. In 2018 the Town of Jefferson conducted a School Reuse Survey of Jefferson residents the response rate of the survey was 51% and the top three reuse options identified were Town Library, Town Offices and Senior Center.
Materials and Properties to Take Into Study Consideration
- 2018 School Reuse Survey [130 KB pdf]
- Town of Jefferson Master Plan [2.94 MB pdf]
- Town of Jefferson Land Use Regulations [163 KB pdf]
- New Library Cost Analysis Study [383 KB pdf] (approximately 10 years old)
- School Building and Property [97 KB pdf]
- Town of Jefferson Offices [388 KB pdf] located at 698 Presidential Hwy, Jefferson, NH
- Town of Jefferson Library [384 KB pdf] located at 737 Presidential Hwy, Jefferson, NH
- Town owned Land [207 KB pdf] located at 621Presidential Hwy, Jefferson, NH
Scope of Work
The feasibility study should address all of the following elements:
- The study will include a report, conceptual interior and exterior site plan(s)/drawings, cost estimates and public presentation on the findings. The reports and presentation will include the following for School Building and other Town Buildings being impacted:
- Space programming matrix detailing room design, usage and square footage building(s).
- Exterior and interior renderings.
- Cost analysis for each at minimum the top three uses in 2018 School Reuse Survey including:
- break-down by uses directly associated with reuse of school building to include renovations, new construction and or upgrades within existing building(s)
- associated cost of moving and or maintaining any current or new municipal services and space (i.e. Town Offices, Town Library or establishment of rental space);
- The Study must include upgrades for code compliance/ accessibility including evaluation of electrical, mechanical, HVAC, telecommunications, site utilities, computer/data requirements and security needs for each option.
- The study must also include potential funding strategies for the Town to fund the potential reuse opportunities.
- The study must include an Architectural / Engineering / Structural analysis that will assess thecurrent condition and structural integrity of the existing building(s), as well as the cost of rehabilitating the structure to meet all necessary codes and structural repairs, if prescribed, including all utilities and ADA upgrades.
In addition to periodic progress reports, a preliminary report will be due from the consultant on Monday,September 16, 2019 outlining preliminary findings and initial analysis for the Town in planning for this property. A Final Report will be due no later than Tuesday, October 15, 2019 that presents the consultant's analysis of the various options for the property, recommendations for funding strategies and implementation, outline of proposed next steps, and includes an executive summary for the Town.
All products are to be submitted in hard copy (5 copies) and also to be provided in digital computer format.
Project Duration and Schedule:
The project shall start upon awarding of the contract anticipated start date July 2019 and shall be completed no later than Tuesday, October 15, 2019. The consultant is to provide a work plan, including an anticipated meeting schedule with dates.
The cost of the project is not to exceed $30,000 dollars.
The Town must receive your proposal at the Town Office in Jefferson at 698 Presidential Highway, Jefferson or P.O. Box 81 Jefferson, NH 03583 no later than 12:00 PM, on Friday, June 14, 2019.
Proposers must submit five (5) copies of their proposal and one digital copy.
Include three references with contact information.
Include within your proposal a sealed envelope with price not to exceed $30,000.
- Describe a plan for executing the work and methods described in the above Scope of Work.
- Provide information that is responsive to Consultant Selection Criteria below.
- Provide a budget for the project that includes hourly rates of principals, estimated number of hours per principal per task and a statement that the project will not exceed $30,000.
Consultant Selection Criteria:
- The consultant should have prior experience and expertise working with municipalities on planning for the redevelopment of properties, and experience with analyzing market needs and impact of municipal building reuse projects including the development of new services, relocation of Municipal services and redevelopment of property.
- In selecting the consultant the following factors will be considered:
- Balanced professional expertise and sufficient technological resources of the applicant and any named sub-contractors to perform the work required to complete the project within the specified time period.
- Demonstrated knowledge by the applicant and any named sub-contractors of the principles of economic development, project financing, land use regulations/planning, market impacts and rural planning issues.
- Knowledge of reuse planning and experience with vacant properties.
- Knowledge of historic properties preservation, planning and funding
- Demonstrated ability by the applicant and any named sub-contractors to conduct a public process, including consensus building and conflict resolution
- Number of years the firm has been in business
- Years of professional experience of personnel assigned to the Project
- Demonstrated experience by the applicant and any named sub-contractors in performing similar work in communities in New England (Provide a list of towns in New England for whom applicant provided similar services
- Review of the applicant's supporting references
- Content, organization and presentation of the proposal that demonstrates capacity to do the scope of services included in this RFQ
In submitting your written proposals reference the above criteria when providing the requested information.
The Board of Selectmen reserves the right to reject any and all proposals it deems not to be in the best interests of the Town of Jefferson. The award of this contract will be based on the qualifications of the proposals as demonstrated through review of the written proposals and interviews.
Questions about this RFQ may be directed, in writing, to:
Select Board at email@example.com
Proposals should be submitted to: Select Board
Mark your Envelope: "School Reuse Feasibility Proposal".
Delivered to: Town of Jefferson, 698 Presidential Highway, Jefferson, NH 03583
or mailed to: Town of Jefferson Select Board, P.O. Box 81 Jefferson, NH 03583
Sealed proposals must be received no later than 12:00 PM, Friday, June 14, 2019.
Proposals received after the deadline will not be considered.
Top of page ↑
Jefferson, New Hampshire
Centuries of Family Fun